Today’s topic is Entities Ownership.
In CRM 2011, when we create a new custom entity we can define the “Ownership” by choosing “Ownership” option at the time of entity creation.
We can observe two options available over there as “Organization” & “User or a Team”. We will find the what is the difference between these two options.
Organization owned entity
- Records of “Organization owned entity” can be viewed / accessed by the whole organization
- Records cannot be shared or Assigned
- The security roles for organization-owned entities have only two access levels: None and Organization
User or a Team owned entity
- Records of “User or a Team owned entity” can be limited to users or teams, so that we can restrict data access only to authorized users
- The user-owned or team-owned entities have all five access levels: None, User level, Business unit level, Parent: Child Business unit level, Organization
Hope this helps! 🙂